Summary: Easy Royalties is an affordable royalty software solution that offers publishers a wide range of customization options. Pricing is title based and there are no on-going fees for maintenance or technical support. Used by companies with 50 to 10,000+ products.
Technology: Microsoft Access
Offices: UK, USA Distributor
Clients: Art museums, book publishers, dvd distributors, stock art companies
- Low price
- Imports authors, titles, contracts and sales.
- Exports payment information along with standardized sales information.
- No charge customization services (as of January 2011).
- Optional rights management module and forthcoming permissions management module.
- Easy Royalties lacks the internal controls found in more expensive royalty systems.
- No user based access countrols. All users have access to all menus and the ability to add, change and delete information.
- Does not track who created, modified or deleted a record.
- No document storage functionality (i.e. it cannot store PDFs of royalty contracts).
- It lacks the document storage (i.e. PDFs of royalty contracts) found in more expensive solutions.
- In our opinion, its Microsoft Access database limits scalablity to companies that generate fewer than 2,000 royalty statements a period. Solutions that run on MS SQL or Oracle can easily handle 100,000+ statements each royalty period.
Easy Royalties is best suited for small companies that process fewer than 2,000 royalty statements a period. Its affordable and very flexible with its vendor offering no-charge customization services. Unlike other products that focus on just one industry this software solution’s clients include book publishers, museums, toy companies, dvd publishers and stock art companies.
We like its ability to import the different formats of QuickBooks sales files. You can import sales that show the discounted price on each record or sales that show the discount as a seperate line item on the invoice.
That said, since this royalty software is built on Microsoft Access it is best suited for companies that will have five or fewer simulataneous users accessing the software.
Public companies that require Sarbanes Oxley compliant internal controls or companies that process more than 2,000 royalty statements a period should look elsewhere.
That said we like the fact that this royalty software vendor lists competitive solutions on their website, does not charge for support and provides no-charge customer support that is available 12×7 (12 hours a day, 7 days a week).