Klopotek’s Authors Online is a web portal where authors, agents, and other recipients of royalties can view relevant sales, income, and royalty statement information. It is an additional licensable product to supplement the Klopotek Contract, Rights & Royalties application.
Key features / benefits:
- Fully integrated into Klopotek PPM – Contracts, Rights & Royalties.
- Web-based service with display and search functions.
- Detailed information on royalties, advance payments and sub rights.
- Access for authors, royalties and editing departments as well as agencies.
- Reduced workload and quicker access to information; support of the financial accounts/royalties departments no longer needed; increased author satisfaction as royalty information can be accessed at any time, including a history of previous royalty statements.
Delivery of e-statements according to tight security/confidentiality rules
The delivery of an electronic statement in the traditional sense means simply emailing a PDF; however this does not conform to most security or confidentiality rules. So in Klopotek, the process is the following:
- The author receives an e-mail saying that the royalty statement has been produced and is available for download from the platform.
- The author logs in (password protected) and is able to download a PDF containing the complete statement.
- This download is registered in the PPM system, which means the publisher can check who has downloaded a statement. An opt in/out configuration in the system controls whether it is the author or royalty recipient’s preference to receive his statement in the new electronic way or in the traditional way (printed statement).
What can an author do using this portal?
The publisher can configure the module to show information on a website which is relevant and restricted to the Royalty Recipient viewing it, for instance:
- Advance payments
- Revenues by period & type
- Royalties by market
- Royalties by version
- Sub rights
- Royalty statements
Cut costs but offer more
Sending e-statements saves time and helps to cut costs (paper, printing, postage), plus you can offer more to your authors, e.g. a complete royalty statements history when logging into your portal. A fast ROI can be achieved.
For more information on Klopotek’s royalty software solution.