Publishers Weekly featured an article coving the September 2017 BISG (Book Industry Study Group) seminar on rights opportunities and rights management. [Read more…] about BISG Seminar on Rights Opportunities
Virtusales Publishing Solutions has announced that Harvard University Press has gone live with Virtusales Biblio Rights and Biblio Royalties modules, just 12 months after commencing the project. The new system will provide significant time and cost savings to Harvard by streamlining the management of authors rights and royalty payments, enabling seamless integration with other publishing and distribution systems. [Read more…] about Harvard University Press Live with Virtusales Royalties
Thus far in 2017, new royalty software system sales in the book publishing industry; for systems sold in the United States, appear to be dominated by four companies: [Read more…] about 2017 Book Publishing Royalty Software Update
Klopotek’s Authors Online is a web portal where authors, agents, and other recipients of royalties can view relevant sales, income, and royalty statement information. It is an additional licensable product to supplement the Klopotek Contract, Rights & Royalties application. [Read more…] about Klopotek Author Portal
Publishers Weekly’s article “Rights and Royalties: A Game of Granularity” summarizes the latest trends in royalty software and the factors that impact the software selection process.
“Older royalty systems may require you to create a new contract for each product,” says Edwin Fager, president of the book publishing consultant company Kensai International. In general terms, “newer royalty software allows you to create one contract for all formats of a book—paper, hardcover, e-book, audio, chapter, anthology—i.e., one contract vs. 10 contracts.” [Read more…] about PW Royalty Software Article
The Upper Room, a religious publisher based in Nashville, Tennessee, has agreed to upgrade their CISPUB system to Media Services Group’s cloud-version of Élan Book royalty software. This upgrade will provide The Upper Room with licenses of Élan Book, Circ, Product Lifecycle Management, CRM, Rights & Royalties software and Informer web-based reporting. The Upper Room has been a CISPUB customer since 1998 [Read more…] about Upper Room Selects Elan Royalty Software
Royalty software update from Klopotek updates adds functionality for a;
- Digital asset manager that stores scanned images of the signed royalty contract.
- An option for authors to request access to their statements online. This is a service that makes life easier for the author and greatly reduces costs in terms of printing and mailing. The author will have a full history of statements over time accessible at will.
- Statement currency by author. The CR&R system can now automatically identify the statement currency required from the author settings and generate that statement as required. This is independent of the currency settings for revenue currency and the publisher’s defined main currency.
Read Klopotek’s royalty software update announcement .
Thomas Nelson, a Christian publisher with the mission to “inspire the world” and the seventh largest trade publisher in the USA, went live with Klopotek’s solution for Contracts, Rights & Royalties (CR&R), a module of the Product Planning and Management system (PPM), in November 2008. [Read more…] about Thomas Nelson Royalty Software Case Study
Royalty software vendors exhibiting at the Frankfurt Bookfair; October 6th through October 10th, include:
- Bradbury Phillips – Hall 8.0, Stand D956.
- Easy Royalties & That’s Rights – Hall 8.0, Stand L986.
- Klopotek – Hall 4.0 Stand E 1303. Klopotek offers a seminar at the Book Fair this year: “Standard Processes for Digital Publishing Workflows”.
- Publishing Technology – Hall 4.2, Stand L450.
- Virtusales Publishing Solutions – Hall 8.0, Stand S988.